Monday, June 1, 2015

The Loyalty

Tita Rostyana
THE LOYALTY

PLAYERS

EMILY, 20, careless, cute, long hair, dark eyes
ELDON, 21, good-looking, kind, tall, dark hair
BEDE, 21, good-looking, tall, fashionable, tan

SCENE 1. It is rainy day. EMILY wakes up so early to make a cake for her boyfriend. EMILY goes to the kitchen quickly. She tries to find the materials for the cake. She looks at the clock for couple times, because she waits for ELDON and he doesn't come yet. Then, ELDON comes and helps EMILY.

ELDON (starting conversation). Why don’t you just buy a cake in the pastry shop? I think there is good one.
EMILY (annoying). Because mine is better.
ELDON. OK, whatever! Then just do it.
EMILY (really annoying). Then just let your mouth closed, and let your hand help me to prepare all the stuff. Is it clear?
ELDON (calming and smiling). Anything you want.

SCENE 2. Under the rain with her umbrella, EMILY has arrived in front of BEDE’s house. EMILY knocks the door, and then a woman comes from the behind of the door. She is BEDE’s mother.

BEDE’S MOTHER (surprising). Oh EMILY?
EMILY (smiling). Hi!
BEDE’S MOTHER. BEDE? But he is not here, and he didn’t say that you?
EMILY. Oh really? Then I’ll…
BEDE’S MOTHER. Ye, yes I’m sorry.
EMILY. All right, see you.

SCENE 3. EMILY is sitting on the chair, looking out of the window in her bedroom. She is holding her mobile phone, trying to call BEDE but she gets nothing.

ELDON (entering the room). Everything is wrong, right?
EMILY (trying to explain). Nope, he has an important thing to do.
ELDON (asking). Is it an excuse?
EMILY. Yes, yes that's why he acts like a stranger lately.
ELDON (angrily). Then prove it! Just prove it, can you? It’s not the first time even sometime you had caught him with his women. (ELDON trying to make Emily realize). But why? You are ignoring his freaking attitude with your freaking loyalty?
EMILY. Uhum.
ELDON (hearing EMILY’s phone ringing then asking). What did he say? It’s him, isn’t it? Why does he contact you? Is he apologizing to you? Wh, what did he say?
EMILY (answering). Nothing. He wants to see me.
ELDON. Let me see him. You don’t need to see him.
EMILY (surprising). What? What will you do? Just stop it, ok?
ELDON. What do you mean?
EMILY (explaining). I mean it would be more complicated if you see him. All right, I like your caring, I love everything you did. Well, now I really need you, but I just need you to listen no more. It is between BEDE and me and even you don’t have any right to know more about this. So, so please just stop it.
ELDON (feeling disappointed). That's all? So you never realize anything? Don't you feel something all this time? You, you are just… whatever!

SCENE 4. It is the day when EMILY should meet with BEDE. Before lunch time comes, EMILY has been sitting in the café with a cup of coffee on the table. EMILY has been sitting there for minutes, waiting for BEDE.

BEDE (greeting). Have you waited so long? I’m sorry.
EMILY (exciting). Ouh it’s ok. BEDE?
BEDE (answering). Yes why?
EMILY (asking a question). Um, why didn’t you answer my texts these days? I’m worried, and you know I hate to feel it.
BEDE (trying to explain). I have some works to do quickly, so I didn’t have any time to answer your messages. I’m sorry. But, never mind! I have something to tell anyway, so I asked you to come here.
EMILY (wondering). OK?
BEDE. You know me better than my self, right? And you know that even I do something bad right now, it just to make our relationship better in the future. You know how much I love you, you know how mean you are to me, and you…
EMILY (asking). Well I’m sorry BEDE, but I didn’t get you.
BEDE (explaining clearly). Honestly, I feel that our relationship is too boring. No, it is not you. It may because I feel… well then can’t we break for a moment? I think we need time to stay apart and yea without any interaction or yea you know what I mean.
EMILY. Who is she?
BEDE. I’m sorry, I’m really sorry. But I promise that it won’t be long. Please, let me go, I promise that this will be the last. I just want to make sure that you are the best partner for me. I... I don’t know, but you know that I really love you, but I just need to be apart of you sometime. I will be right back to you, I promise. Please, just patient to wait for me. Not long, I promise. Just wait, it is not the hard thing right? Please, would you?
EMILY (answering and feeling disappointed). Alright then, just do it!

SCENE 5. It has been two weeks since EMILY met BEDE. EMILY is laying on her bed. EMILY’s heart starts to doubt about BEDE’s words, and starts worrying him. EMILY feels have no energy to do her activities. That's why EMILY just stays in her room for all day.

ELDON (entering the room). Why?
EMILY. I don’t know.
ELDON. EMILY please, don’t hurt your self. How long you will stay on this way? How many women that he got to hurt you? What else? You know he doesn’t good enough for you, but why EMILY?
EMILY (calmly). Because he is the one who comforted me, the one who makes me feel save.
ELDON. Didn't I? Wake up EMILY and realize it.
EMILY (answering). You did, and you are better.
ELDON (asking). So? You realize it, you know it is wrong, then why? Take my hand, and make the new one. At least let’s make everything better.
EMILY. My loyalty!
ELDON (angrily). Fuck for your freaking loyalty. You know what? You need to respect other to be respected. Before you make somebody else happy, you need to make sure that you are happy. Before you are being loyal to other people, you need to make sure that you are loyal to yourself!

SCENE 6. It has been a week since EMILY argued with ELDON, and they are not seeing each other all these times. EMILY is sitting in the café right now. She looks on her phone for many times, it looks like she is waiting for someone. Suddenly ELDON comes, and he looks around the café looking for someone he knows.

ELDON (asking). I’m sorry. Have been you hungry?
EMILY (answer disappointedly). Nope, but I think I could eat a horse for this lunch.
ELDON (laughing). Really? Then where should I get one?
EMILY (sulking). Oh come on ELDON…

(Since they didn’t meet each other for a week, it is the first time they meet. After they argued about BEDE’s attitude toward her, EMILY has started to think clearly for days. Then she realizes that what ELDON said is true. EMILY starts forgetting BEDE, and sees ELDON as the one who really cares about her.)

No comments: