Monday, June 1, 2015

Daddy's Little Angel

Adityo Widhi Nugroho
DADDY’S LITTLE ANGEL

PLAYERS
MR SMITH : 30 years old, Katie’s father, depressed.
KATIE : 8 years old. Mr Smith’s daughter.
DETECTIVE KIMBLE : 40 years old, local police department detective.

SCENE ONE : It is just before the burial the next day that an investigator show up at the door. It was KATIE that answer as MR. SMITH was rushing to get ready. MR SMITH rush to the door as this man was questioning his little girl, gently scooting KATIE out of the way and stepped up to the door.
MR. SMITH (trying to sound polite). May I help you?
DETECTIVE KIMBLE. I need to ask you some questions about the circumstances of your wife’s death
MR. SMITH (asking loudly). Who are you?
DETECTIVE KIMBLE (laughing). I’m sorry, Detective Kimble, local PD. I just got the results back from the autopsy, and the blunt trauma your wife suffered, and the bloodstains found on the carpet don’t exactly match up. I was wondering if you could give me a little more insight
MR. SMITH. Well I’d love to, Detective. I only found the body when I came home from work. I wasn’t here to see it happen
(DETECTIVE KIMBLE tries to ask again.)
MR. SMITH (interrupting DETECTIVE KIMBLE). If you’ll excuse me, we have a burial to attend. (grabbing KATIE’s hand and walked her out the door.)

SCENE TWO. A couple of days after the burial, MR. SMITH come back to home after working. MR. SMITH thinks that KATIE is in her as usual.When MR. SMITH enters the living room he see DETECTIVE KIMBLE in his chair with blood in his head and KATIE with gun in her hand.
MR. SMITH (taking the gun from KATIE). What are you doing here ?
DETECTIVE KIMBLE. Your wife’s dead was not an accident.
MR. SMITH. I was working and Katie was in school when the accident happened. What did you hope to find here ?
DETECTIVE KIMBLE. The coroner said that the time your wife died was around the same time you leave for work.
MR. SMITH (begins pulling the pistol’s hammer). I loved my wife more than anything!
DETECTIVE KIMBLE. If you kill me the police will know where to find you.
MR. SMITH (shooting DETECTIVE KIMBLE’s head). If only you understood.
(KATIE is starring at DETECTIVE KIMBLE’s dead body).

No comments: