Monday, June 1, 2015

King Pelagius

Richie Adi Syahputra
KING PELAGIUS

PLAYERS
KING HERMAEUS, 54, King of Blackwing, ambitious and greedy king
PELAGIUS, 33, a handsome and strong knight
LELIANA, 30, Ruler of Royeaux, pretty and noble woman

SCENE I. Barons, Dukes and Duchesses, Lords present at the ballroom. Sits the KING HERMAEUS at his throne with wearing his royal gown. On his side, a handsome and strong knight stands as his loyal guard.
PELAGIUS. Would you like to eat something, Your Higness?
KING HERMAEUS (with high-pitch voice). Of course you idiot! Why would I offer the best food from the whole country when I can’t eat it myself? (pointing out) Go get that roast beef over there and bring it to me quickly!
(PELAGIUS walks towards the table where the roast beef is. When about to take the food, someone called him.)
LELIANA. Well, if it’s not Pelagius the famous Blackwing Assassin! Fancy eating some meat eh? her voice was soft yet so clear like a warrior heard from the back.
PELAGIUS (bowing). And who am I speaking to?
LELIANA (putting down her wine). We never met before, so it is no wonder if you don’t know who I am. The name is Leliana, Duchess of Royeaux. It is pleasure to meet you in person Pelagius.
PELAGIUS (taking her hand and kissing it). It is an honor to meet you My Lady. Yes, I am hungry enough to eat the whole plate myself. Would you like to join me ma’am?
LELIANA (chukle). I prefer something more light, like that. (pointing the apple pie on the table across)
PELAGIUS. Let me get that for you My Lady (putting the beef back on the table and rush quickly through the crowd and took a slice of apple pie with right hand and a glass of wine in the left) Here you go. In case you might get choking while eating the pie (lifting the wine in his left hand)
LELIANA (smiling). Thank you (eating the pie) This is delicious (as she keep eating the pie) Tell me Pelagius. Why still sided with that greedy King when you are able to rule your own kingdom outside with your power?
PELAGIUS. I didn’t have any choices ma’am. The man took me from the orphanage when I was six and trained me to the best knight he ever had. He’s like my father to me (while watching KING HERMAEUS having fun with his wives in his throne)
LELIANA. Such a shame. Well, you could rule Royeaux with me if you are brave enough to leave this kingdom.
PELAGIUS. Thank you My Lady, I appreciate your offer. But I need a time to think about this.
LELIANA. It is your choice handsome. I will take my leave then (walking pass other guests and dissapeared in the crowd)
PELAGIUS (mumbling). Lady Leliana.
(In his throne, KING HERMAEUS watching angrily when PELAGIUS talks with LELIANA so close)

SCENE II. In PELAGIUS’ room, he is lying over, staring at the window.
PELAGIUS. If I ask this to father, maybe he will allow me to rule over Royeaux and it will make him proud of me (wakes up, walking trough the door and going to the King’s chamber)
(The King sitting in his royal chair while staring at his desk, he don’t realize that Pelagius standing in front of him)
PELAGIUS (with soft voice). Father, do you have a minute?
KING HERMAEUS (staring). What do you want?
PELAGIUS. At the party, Leliana the Duchess of Royeaux offered me a position in Royeaux as long as I leave Blackwing
KING HERMAEUS (angry voice). And then
PELAGIUS (remain calm). I would like to accept her offer and I think this is our chance to spread our territory wider to the south. It will bring more benefits to our kingdom.
KING HERMAEUS. My Kingdom (standing from his chair) After all this years I spent to raised you, and you dare to leave this kingdom??
PELAGIUS (trembling voice). I don’t meant to do that father, my intention is to spread our territory
KING HERMAEUS. When the sun starts to rise, I don’t want to see your face anymore in this kingdom
(PELAGIUS left the room with heads down)
SCENE III. At the stable, PELAGIUS packing his belongings, climbing up his horse heading to Royeaux. Soon as he arrives, Royeaux guards block his way inside castle.
ROYEAUX GUARD. Who are you and what bussiness do you have in here?
PELAGIUS. I’m here to see Lady Leliana. I am Pelagius (the door behind the guard opens, LELIANA appeares)
LELIANA. It’s fine, I am who invite him. Let him in (the guards nod and PELAGIUS walking to the house)
LELIANA (as they walking inside the house). Do you know, that your father, King Hermaeus was put a bounty on you for stealing Blackwing treasures? (giving a flyer with his picture and bounty)
PELAGIUS. Excuse me? How did that happened? (taking the flyer) I was banished by father in the first place because I accepted your offer.
LELIANA. Maybe he wanted to get rid of you because you left Blackwing. And recently I received a news from my men that Blackwing people are suffering from your father rules about everything in Blackwing are belong to him. (speaking angrily). And my people are feel scared because many assassins are trying to invade Royeaux. This is cannot be forgiven!
PELAGIUS. It seems I must settle things up with my father (grabbing his bag) Excuse me My Lady but I have to go to Blackwing (walking to his horse, but LELIANA quickly block his way)
LELIANA (tremble voice). It is dangerous if you confront your father alone. I knew that he got so much power in his pocket and he surely will kill you whenever you step inside Blackwing (grabbing his sleeve)
PELAGIUS. Don’t worry My Lady, I have good friends at the army that I’m sure they will help me confront Hermaeus (riding on his horse and galloping back to Blackwing)
SCENE IV. PELAGIUS arrived at Blackwing, he is rushing towards army barracks. Inside, stand hundreds of soldiers with swords on their hands and ready to kill PELAGIUS. Behind them, a familiar face shown up.
KING HERMAEUS. Well well well, look who is here to die! (walking towards PELAGIUS)
PELAGIUS (speaking angrily). I don’t know what was your intention by putting a bounty on my head, but I won’t just stand still and waiting to die in your hands. How dare you treathen Royeaux people! (speaks to the soldiers) And why are you obeying his rules? Are you afraid of his power? His promise of something that only brings benefits for him? Answer me! (shouting to the soldiers)
(The soldiers remain silent and slowly walking to PELAGIUS)
PELAGIUS. Tsk. I cannot die here. I must leave (running leaving Blackwing and heading to Royeaux)
SCENE V. PELAGIUS arrived in Royeaux, quickly meets LELIANA to planning an attack to Blackwing.
PELAGIUS. I’m afraid we have much work to do My Lady.
LELIANA. I will always be at your side Pelagius (smiling)
(Weeks passed by. An army consists of many soldiers from many countries gather at Blackwing gate. They begin to search any KING HERMAEUS’ soldiers and ordered by PELAGIUS to kill them)
PELAGIUS. I go looking for King Hermaeus.
LELIANA. Be careful My Love, I’m afraid he have something in his mind (kissing PELAGIUS)
(PELAGIUS heads towards the castle and KING HERMAEUS waiting for him in the hall)
PELAGIUS. Now it’s time to put a good use after years of training (seathing his sword)
KING HERMAEUS. How dare you! (attacking PELAGIUS)
(KING HERMAEUS gets stab in his heart, falling down and trying to land his last attack, but PELAGIUS stabs him again in his heart PELAGIUS cut his head and takes him to the balcony. The soldiers are yelling to PELAGIUS as he rises KING HERMAEUS’ head)
SOLDIERS. All hail King Pelagius! All hail King Pelagius!
(Months passing by. Blackwing people doing their jobs with smile on their faces. PELAGIUS walking to see his people with LELIANA on his side. People bowing to them as the new King and Queen of Blackwing pass by and they fade away in the crowd)

No comments: