Monday, June 1, 2015

Beyond What You See

Cindy Clarissa Suntiarko.
BEYOND WHAT YOU SEE

PLAYERS
SHEILA,21, a slim and long-hair girl
Mother,46, a warm-hearted person
JESS,21, a blonde-hair girl
A man in Sheila’s bedroom,21, an quiet guy
Therapist,35, a short-hair woman with spectacles.

NOTE. The name of SHEILA’s parents and his best-friend from her childhood are not mentioned because Sheila calls her parents by mom or dad and she never call his best-friend when they are talking. In addition, there is also a therapist whose name is not mentioned in this story and only called as therapist.
SCENE 1. Sheila goes to university after a long vacation and meets Jess, her classmate.

JESS (sits beside SHEILA). What are you looking at?
SHEILA (a little bit surprised). Oh, nothing’s. I just recall where I place my book. It seems that you are better?
JESS. Yeah, I visited my doctor yesterday. I got some treatments. (Silent for a moment) You still talk to her?
SHEILA (lost interests in talks). Ah, we should not talk about it. Not anymore.
JESS (feels a little bit sorry). Okay then.

SCENE 2. Sheila are coming home and she is having a lot of thought. She has short talks with her mom.
MOM. Hey honey! How’s school?
SHEILA (annoyed). I’m in university now mom, you know.
MOM. Oh. I forget. It feels like you are entering your first class in the kindergarten.
SHEILA. Time flies. It’s not just a phrase. It happens, right?
MOM (turning her face). Yes, you are right.

SCENE 3. Sheila goes to her room on the upstairs. She argues about the existence of God because of the fact that she is able to see ghosts or spirits is totally unacceptable by her herself.
SHEILA. You don’t look pretty well today?
THE GHOST. Of course, I’m dead hahaha.
SHEILA. Yeah, I know. (silent) Do you feel bored?
THE GHOST (smiling) No. I have you. It is more than what I can ask to God.
SHEILA. Then why you stay here mostly, and by the way, did you already see God?
THE GHOST (smiling again). Will you believe that God exists if I tell you?

SCENE 4. Sheila is seeing her therapist to get treatment about her seeing ghosts. She wants to block her spiritually visualization.

THE THERAPIST. Hi, Sheila. How are you doing?
SHEILA. Good, so far. Thank you. How’s yours?
THE THERAPIST (smiling). Mind nothing about me. I am always fine. Should we start now?
SHEILA. Yeah, it is our schedule right.
THE THERAPIST. Okay, Sheila now you are under drugs-control. I want you to tell me what you have seen today?
SHEILA. Just one person. My childhood’s friend.
THE THERAPIST (whispering to Sheila’s ears). You know that normally people cannot see someone who is dead. I want you to block your mind from seeing dead people. You have to say to yourself that you do not see them whenever you see them. Even if they talk to you, please do not replied them, do not let your eyes stare at their eyes. I want you to block them and you can, you know. (silent) Now you can open your eyes Sheila.
SHEILA. I opened my eyes, but I saw other people in that room. I was alone when I came to that room and there were only the two of us in my therapist’s room. How could this happen! I screamed aloud.
THE THERAPIST. Sheila, do not forget what I told you.
SHEILA (smiling to the therapist while seeing a ghost behind the therapist). I may say this to you, but I think I should be quiet. I should go home now. I thank to you for your time.

SCENE 5. Sheila goes back to her home but she does not meet her parents at home. She wonders why her parents have not been at home. Eventually, Sheila realizes that her parents were passed away.

SHEILA. Mom! I’m happy to see you again. Where were you going without leaving any notes for me. (Sheila keeps talking desperately though her mom does not answer her at all) Mom, are you sick? (Sheila boils water to make a cup of hot tea for her mother with sadness). Could it be? (whispering in a low voice). (She carefully turns her body, and she found out that she was alone at home).

No comments: