Monday, June 1, 2015

Love Actually

Dewintha Primadinda
LOVE ACTUALLY
PLAYERS
FRANDA, 55, a pretty old lady, bright eyes, fashionable
FRANS, 53, a humorous man, gray hair, brown eyes
JOANNA, 28, a pretty young lady, tall, fashionable, long blonde wavy hair

NOTE. The action of the play takes place in Semarang city in one of the mansion in cluster housing.

SCENE 1. On a bench in the upper balcony of their home. Present. A sunny afternoon, FRANDA in her red house dress and FRANS in his simple white polo shirt are sitting on a bench in the upper balcony of their home, enjoy the beautiful view of the sea is visible from a distance. While brew the tea warm, they are blethering, remember the old story in their relationship when they are young. The atmosphere is so romantic.
FRANDA (laying her head on FRANS’ shoulder). Do you remember honey, when we met in senior high school and I was your senior and you were my junior, then we met and known in one extracurricular?
FRANS. Ah..ya, that was an awkward moment when I crushed on you, whereas you were my senior and you had a boyfriend. (laughing) Hahahaa such a ridiculous moment. (Sighing) I remember I’d been like you about 2 years and I had to do was the hardest thing, which was just to wait for you to break up with your boyfriend.
FRANDA (laughing). Hahahah really? Go for it.
FRANS (smiling). Yeah, people told me that I was crazy because I’m falling in love with my senior who had a boyfriend. But I don’t know, I just love that girl.
FRANDA (covering her face). Ah.. you make me shy.
(Both of them are teasing each other, pinching and tickling then laugh)
FRANDA (joking). How dare you to love me, my junior.
FRANS . When you were on 12 grade and I was just 10 grade I felt so low self-esteem, beside you had a boyfriend, you were one of the charming girls on school, you had so many secret admires including me.
FRANDA (laughing). Hahahaa owww so sad . Do you feel desperate actually?
FRANS. Yeah, but I was very grateful I could see you in distance in extracurricular even you didn’t know me.
FRANDA (laughing). But, I knew that you always staring at me hohohoo.

SCENE 2. The sun began to sink in the west, it was clear from the view from them. Very beautiful. Their laughter broke the silence that was so peaceful and quiet. Then, JOANNA comes.
JOANNA (hugging FRANS and FRANDA from back). Hi, mom and dad!
FRANDA (shocking then hugging JOANNA back). Oh God, Joanna! When are you coming here? If I have heart attack you should responsibility. Oh gosh!
JOANNA (hugging). Ohh mom, I’m sorry. I’m officially missing you both.
FRANS. How are you? When are you coming here? Where is your husband?
JOANNA. Dad, you have so many questions. I’m fine dad, I arrived here last night, but I’m sorry I’m not call you first I was tired last night with my flight. And my husband still have meeting and he promises to come tonight after meeting and he sends regards for you both.
FRANDA. Oh come on, sit here with us and tell us what happen to you after a long time we didn’t meet.
JOANNA (smiling). I’m fine mom dad. As usually Adam and I take care of our business and praise to the Lord our business success.
FRANDA. Oh thanks God, I’m so proud of you.
(FRANDA and FRANS exciting).
JOANNA. And yeah, how are you mom dad? Is your asthma still relapse dad?
FRANS (smiling and embracing FRANDA). No, I feel better now, because your mom always by my side.
JOANNA. Oww..both of you still be my Idol couple in the world mom, dad. I love you all so much. I’m very grateful to have you and I’m your child. And ...yeah, I heard you were laughing so loud before I was shocked you. What happen?
FRANDA. Oh, your father and I remember our moment in the past when the first time we met and so many things that I don’t know which funny story. Do you want to hear your father’s story how he got me.
JOANNA. Wow, of course I want it mom. Come on dad, lets get started.
FRANS (laughing). Hahahaa I forgot, where were we?
FRANDA. Hmm, until you stare at me, isn’t it?
FRANS. Oh ya ya,okay, you know that your mother was my senior in high school and I was falling in love with her. We were one choir extracurricular, we met just in practice when we would on choir competition. During practicing I always stared at her and when I closed to her I never call her name because I felt so nervous. As long as I closed to her, I know that she was fun and cheerful girl. I’m loving it.
JOANNA (tickling FRANS). Oh dad, you’re kinda cute.
FRANS (laughing). Then, after a long time, almost 2 years waiting for her break up with her boyfriend. But, I thought they never break up because they looked so love each other. So, with desperate I convinced my self to not like her anymore. But, I can’t. I never tell anyone about my feeling to her until she graduated from high school. I was so sad I couldn’t tell my feeling to her. Suddenly, my friend introduced me to other girl and that was my junior. She is also interesting. Then because I thought I still single so I tried to close her and forget about your mother. Then she and I in relationship.
JOANNA. Wahh dad, you with someone else?
FRANS (enthusiastic). Of course, because I didn’t know what I have to do and I was so desperate. Even, I didn’t know why I was so love my senior at that time. As time goes by, I felt uncomfortable with my girlfriend at that time because she was so uncommunicative. Suddenly, in the middle of my relationship with my junior, I heard that the girl who I love so long time broke up with her boyfriend which I never thought that they could break up.
JOANNA. So, what were you doing? Do you broke up with your girlfriend?
FRANS. No, not yet. I didn’t want to broke up a girl first. I just hang up my relationship. Actually I know that was so mean, but I just confused. But then, because there was a reunion of choir, finally I could meet my senior girl that I love. She more beautiful and I was so excited. Then from there, I can make communication with her. First, we just shared our experience until we shared about each relationship. She told me why she can broke up and I told her about my confusing toward my girlfriend at that time. From there, we closer than before and I didn’t know what is it call, but I’d love and more comfortable with your mother than my girlfriend at that time. And my time with your mom exceeding my time with my girlfriend. Maybe we could be call cheating. Then finally my girlfriend at that time realize that we didn’t match then broke me up. But I was so happy. Even, a lot of people said I was crazy because I’m waiting for and I’m cheating with same girl, but I believe that girl I was waiting for and cheating with is my wife. My first and my last of cheating is only with your mother.
(FRANS talked almost all of his memories and ended his story with smiling, FRANDA smiling and holding FRANS’ hand then shobbing).
JOANNA (hugging FRANS and FRANDA so tight then shobbing). I really really grateful to have you, you are my insipiration in my life. I love you.
(The light overcast and the curtain is closed)

No comments: