Monday, June 1, 2015

Muar

Ulin nuha
MUAR

PLAYERS

MUAR, 20, hard worker, strong boy, and kind to everyone
SINO, 8, grown up boy, Calm and cute
THE OLD MAN, 75, wise, calm, and charismatic
THE PRINCE, 35, ambitions, petulant and cruel man
PRINCESS DELLA, 18, beautiful and powerless girl, looked depressed

SCENE 1. In the border of a village, there live two children in the small house, near the forest. MUAR, the older brother, works in the field and the young brother stays in the house. MUAR that always goes home at twilight greets his brother before entering home.
MUAR (knocking the door and saying). Good afternoon my little, please open the door for your beloved brother.
SINO (standing behind the door). What are you bringing now?
MUAR. Two pieces of cassava and a fish.
(Then SINO welcomes MUAR and they dine together at the night. The nice dinner is disturbed by something which is watching. In the dark of night, He watches for a moment and then disappears.)
(As usual, MUAR asks for permission to go to the field.)
MUAR. Don’t open the door for anyone except for me, okay?
SINO (showing his thumb). Okay my brother.

SCENE 2. That day isn’t like another day. When the sun goes to the horizon, a hoarse sound calls the little brother.
TIGER. Good afternoon my little, please open the door for your beloved brother.
SINO (walking to the door uncertainly). What are you bringing now?
TIGER. Two pieces of cassava and a fish.
(After thinking for a moment, he finally opens the door and suddenly appears a strong giant TIGER in front of him. SINO can’t do anything except silences, invites THE TIGER to eat him.)

SCENE 3. The day become dark as Muar go home to meet his little brother. He opens the door and found that SINO has disappeared. When he sees at the backyard, he finds a piece of his brother, the head. He shocks and he cries. He can’t stop his crying until he tired and fell asleep. In the dream, he finds an old white man that stand in the light.
OLD MAN (saying calmly). Oh my son. I send my condolences to you for your little brother.
MUAR. Thanks Father. I accept it.
MUAR (silences in a moment and then saying). Father whom stand in the light, can you help me?
OLD MAN (saying wisely). What do you want from me?
MUAR. Do you know how to make my little brother revive?
OLD MAN (silences to think for a moment, then saying). I know how to bring your brother in life, but it is difficult and need a lot of sacrifice.
MUAR (shouting). I don’t mind if it can revive him, what I need now is my brother!
OLD MAN. What you just need is walking to the north until you find the white pigeon that has a ruby on his head. You can ask the bird the direction. It will guide you to meet the horse that can produces fire in every path of it. The horse will guide you to meet the tunnel made from roots. Walk on it and you’ll find the water of life in the fountain at the end of tunnel.
OLD MAN. One that you have to notice is be kind to anyone you meet during the journey.
MUAR. Thanks kindly Father, I’ll remember your advice.

SCENE 4. On the next morning, MUAR starts to go to find the water of life. The head of his little brother are saved in the box as THE OLD MAN said. He walks through the forests and rivers for a few days. In there, he finds the beautiful pigeon trapped in a blackthorn. MUAR helps and treats it. MUAR sure that this is the bird that he has to follow. After the pigeon healthy, he follows behind it. The pigeon guides him to a castle. In front of the house, a princess stand and welcomed the pigeon.
PRINCESS DELLA. Oh my bird, where did you go? I’m afraid that you wouldn’t come back. I’m lonely here. Who bringing you back here?
The bird moves to Muar and lands on his head.
PRINCESS DELLA. Are you the man that bring my bird back?
MUAR. It’s true, my princess. I’ve been escaped the pigeon from blackthorn.
PRINCESS DELLA (happily). That’s why, you aren’t go home for a few days. Thank you very much my hero. You looks like a hero for me. My name is Della, Princess Della.
MUAR (shy). No, I’m nothing. I’m just a man who do the journey to look for the water of life to revive my little brother. And my name is Muar.
PRINCESS DELLA. Um, I have heard about the water of life from my husband. He said that someone can find it if he ride his horse. That isn’t usual horse. That is a black horse that the feet ignite.
MUAR. But, where can I find the horse?
PRINCESS DELLA. My husband has one, the horse are kept in the stables.
MUAR. Can I borrow that horse?
PRINCESS DELLA (suggesting). I’m afraid that my husband will angry to you because he will consider you as a thief. He is a prince. He also has magic power that turn himself into eagle and tiger. Now he is learning an ability to make himself eternal. If you fight with him, you will lose. I recommend you to bring two bag for the water, one is for your brother and other is for you if you face the fight. The water will maximize your body potential so you can avoid or defend. I will tell the lie to my husband because I don’t like to my husband since he has obsessed to the magic power and abandoned me. Please take the horse.
MUAR. Okay, thanks in advance princess Della, I will not forget your help.
(Then MUAR continues the journey with the black horse to the north. The horse brings him through the snow zone. On the sixth day, he arrives at the snow plain made from frozen sea. The horse run quickly through it and walks to open the tunnel that covered by snow to the roots tunnel the old man said. At the end of tunnel, MUAR find the water of life. He drinks it first and get himself recovered. Two bag are filled with the water and MUAR spurs the horse to the south. Meanwhile, in the big house where THE PRINCESS lives, THE PRINCE that can transform into an EAGLE go home. He is very angry knowing that the horse was lost.)
THE PRINCE (yelling to the princess). Where is my horse!?
PRINCESS DELLA. It was stolen, I don’t know who. When I was slept, the thief entered here and stole your horse.
Angrily, THE PRINCE turns himself into EAGLE and follows the path of his black horse.

SCENE 5. MUAR arrives to his home and run to his brother. He watered his little brother smoothly and the body parts of him that lost slowly grow until it become a perfect body. He also give the half of second bag water to SINO and he opens his eyes slowly and lives.
MUAR (crying and saying). Oh my God, thanks to you that bring my little brother life. Thank you very much.
(They are crying happily once again.)
MUAR. Can you remember, who killed you at that time?
SINO. I’m not sure, but I remember that I had eaten by a big strong tiger. It has an emerald on the head. I just remember it.
(Suddenly, from the north, THE EAGLE flow down and turns into a man. THE PRINCE (saying angrily and his eyes are red). So, you’re the kids that stole my horse. How brave you?)
MUAR (scary). Please forgive me my PRINCE. I’ll bring the horse back to you.
THE PRINCE (said angrily then turning into a big tiger). Robbing is unforgivable.
SINO (shouted scarily). Tha..that! That is the tiger that had eaten me!
(MUAR immediately drink the rest of water in the second bag and suddenly, his power increases. He put the spear out and runs into the tiger. THE PRINCE also runs into him and they get fight. At one moment, THE PRINCE wins at position and MUAR cornered at the bank of river. MUAR pushes THE PRINCE to the river and he.)
MUAR sit on the ground and looks around. He finally defeats the prince. SINO (shouting happily). Thank you, brother, you save me.
MUAR. You’re welcome my little brother. Now, let’s us go to the castle. We have to bring the horse back to the wife of that tiger.

SCENE 6. They go to the castle and the princess meet them. MUAR tell everything to her.
PRINCESS DELLA. That’s okay. Actually I want to free from my husband. He just married me to get my parent’s inheritance, which is this big house and all inside of it. I was prohibited to go out from the castle, so I can’t tell anyone about what he did to me. And at that time you came here and saved my bird. At that moment, I believe that you can save me from my husband and make me happy.
MUAR. I just want to save my little brother and bring the horse back.
PRINCESS DELLA (asking hesitantly). Then, please marry me. Since you defeated my husband and I have free, the castle needs a prince and that is you. I want you to marry me.
MUAR (thinking and asking). How about you, my brother?
SINO. I agree with it my brother.
(Then they are married and lives happily ever after.)

No comments: