Monday, June 1, 2015

Shadow in the Night

Erzal Pratomo Kurnianto
SHADOW IN THE NIGHT
PLAYERS
HARRIS, 22, a good-looking boy
JOANNA, 21, a beauty, exotic girl
CLARKE, 22, a smart, nerdy boy
LINA, 22, a beauty, Asian girl

SCENE ONE, In the middle of night, there are HARRIS and JOANNA who eat dinner together in a little restaurant, in the center of New York City. They wait for their friends who will join eat dinner in this restaurant.
HARRIS (angrily). It’s almost one hour we wait them, where is he?
JOANNA. Maybe they still on their way to the restaurant, honey.
CLARKE. Hi guys, I’m sorry I late, where are the others?
HARRIS (bored). I don’t know Clarke.
CLARKE. Hey guys I have an idea, how if this holiday we go to some place together?
HARRIS. Oh that’s great idea; to the mountain I think it will be fun.
JOANNA. Last holiday we were went to the mountain, think the other destination beside mountain. Nowadays I heard there are tourism village near here, I think we should try to visit that village.
HARRIS. You know the way to that village?
JOANNA. My friend knows, he will join with us and guide us to the village if we want to visit that village.
(Next week after they met in restaurant, they meet together again in Harris’s house to discuss the date that they will go to the village. CLARKE said that they must go on the middle of the night because they will arrive in the village on the morning and they can enjoy the village scenery on the morning. HARRIS and JOANNA seemed agree about what CLARKE said, so they will go on Friday night and will be arrive on Saturday morning.)

SCENE TWO. Last week, JOANNA met her old friend. She is LINA, she come from Japan. JOANNA knows LINA when she visit Japan by herself. They met inside of temple in one of village in Japan. Last week LINA came to England to continue her study in one of famous university. After knows LINA would came, JOANNA felt happy because she never met her again around 4 years. They met in central park near Joana's University; they felt very happy in there. LINA inform JOANNA that near the city there are tourism village. JOANNA didn’t know that village before, she asked LINA to accompany her to that village.
JOANNA. Hi Lina, how are you?
LINA. Hi, I’m fine, and you?
JOANNA. Fine, I miss you Lina.
LINA. Me too Jo, four years is a long time right?
JOANNA. Yes, very long time (laughing). Are you come for holiday?
LINA. Oh no, I continue my study in here.
JOANNA. Oh that is great, where do you stay?
LINA. I stay in apartment near the university.
JOANNA. Ok I’ll visit your apartment later.
LINA. What are you doing in this holiday?
JOANNA. I and my friends have a plan for a trip, but we still don’t know where will we going.
LINA. Yesterday I read an article in internet about vacation place near here. There is a beautiful village that still unknown by many people in this city.
JOANNA. Will you accompany me to that village?
LINA. Ok, I’ll show you the way to the village, when we will go?
JOANNA. I don’t know Lin, maybe next week, I’ll invite my friends to join our holiday.
LINA. Ok, call me if you have decided the date for the trip.

SCENE THREE. friday night. HARRIS, JOANNA, CLARKE and LINA are in Harris’s house, they prepare all of their need. LINA introduced herself to HARRIS and CLARKE. HARRIS check his car and make sure his car has no any problem. On 1 PM they move leave Harris’s house to the village.
HARRIS. Are you ready guys?
JOANNA. I’m ready captain (kiss HARRIS).
CLARKE. Hi, are you that Joanna’s friend?
LINA. Yes, my name Lina, nice to meet you.
CLARKE. Clarke (shaking LINA’s hand), nice to meet you too.
HARRIS. Hi Lina, I’m Harris, Joanna’s boyfriend.
LINA. Oh you are her boyfriend, you so handsome Harris.
JOANNA (jealously). My choice is always handsome Lin (laughing).
LINA. (Laughing)
HARRIS. Ok guys the car is ready, let’s go to the village.
(On the way they talk about anything, LINA makes any jokes and the other laughed out loud because her jokes. Outside the car, they didn’t realize that a mysterious shadow followed them.)

SCENE FOUR. in the middle of forest rear tire of Harris’s car deflate; HARRIS stops his car and checks the tire. All came down from the car and see what happened, CLARKE helped HARRIS changed the tire with the alternative tire.
CLARKE. Hey what happens?
HARRIS. I think my tire is deflating, let me check outside.
CLARKE. I’ll take the alternative tire in the trunk.
JOANNA (asking to HARRIS). How long you will repair this tire?
HARRIS. Thirty minutes I hope.
CLARKE. Ok change that tire with this (bring the alternative tire).
(While HARRIS and CLARKE changed the tire, JOANNA felt something wrong; she thought that they were watched by someone or something.)
JOANNA. Lina do you feel something wrong?
LINA. Yes, I think there is something outside there watching on us.
JOANNA. I think better if we come inside to the car.
LINA (scarily). Ok.

SCENE FIVE. They continued their trip, Joana want to ask Harris or Clarke about what that she felt but she doubted. She thought that they would think that just her feeling. Lina suddenly wake from her sleep and cried, she said that she had a dream same as this trip but in her dream the trip became a big accident.
LINA. (suddenly wake up from her sleep and crying)
CLARKE. What happens Lina?
LINA. I had a bad dream.
JOANNA. Tell us that dream Lin.
LINA. In my dream i saw that this car hit the big tree and from behind the car there were a giant truck with high speed hit them.
HARRIS. It was just a dream Lina. Dream was a dream, it just the imagination of the dreamer before they sleep.
LINA still cried and HARRIS stopped his car to the side of the road, HARRIS and JOANNA tried to soothe LINA from her nightmare. CLARKE went out from the car and light his cigarette to warmed his body, because they still in the middle of the forest. CLARKE saw a black shadow passed tree by tree in front of him.
CLARKE (scarily). (put off his cigarette to the ground and came back to the car) Guys I think we should move now!
HARRIS. What’s happen Clarke?
CLARKE. I saw a shadow, black shadow out there, I think it watching us.
JOANNA. Oh that shadow.
HARRIS. What shadow? Who are them?
CLARKE. I don’t know, just start your engine and move from here.
HARRIS. Ok Ok.
(They move from there and HARRIS tries to be calm because he felt fear too. LINA had stopped crying. CLARKE still with his fear face and tries to forget what had he saw. Two hour again to arrive in the village; in the middle of the trip they meet a giant truck. HARRIS try to overtake it but it not easy, after twenty minutes they just drive behind the truck, HARRIS try to overtake again with more speed and it success. However after they overtake the truck, there is hairpin curve in front of them. HARRIS can’t dodge it and they hit the big tree in front of them. The truck behind them lost his control because shock seeing a car with high speed beside him and hit a tree in front of him. The driver tried to avoid them but he can’t and hit back of the car that had overtake him. The driver come down and checks his truck conditions. He saw the car wedged between the big tree and his truck. All of the passenger are died, he call police to inform them about this accident.)

THE END

No comments: