Monday, June 1, 2015

His Flower and Her Guitar

Shalliny Florencia
HIS FLOWER AND HER GUITAR

PLAYERS
BUNGA, 20, wearing glasses, long-haired
SATRIA, 21, long-haired with headbands
REZA, 21, wearing glasses, metrosexual

SCENE 1. That night, SATRIA is sitting alone in a deserted cafe. He looks nervous, sound of rain splashing increasingly makes him uneasy. Shortly the cafe’s door opens, and there appears two people who have been awaited by SATRIA.
REZA (waving hand to SATRIA). Hey! Why do you look so neat? Did you attend an inviation before coming here?
REZA (looking excited). Satria, please meet my friend, Bunga. She’s an English department’s student.
BUNGA & SATRIA (shaking hands).

SCENE 2. Time goes so fast. SATRIA and Bunga seem interested to each other. They get along really well. BUNGA skill on singing gives a very good impression to SATRIA, and vice versa, SATRIA’s skill on playing guitar impresses BUNGA. A few months later, SATRIA and BUNGA are in a relationship as lovers.
BUNGA (pause eating). Babe, I want to ask you something. Why are you playing music? For what is it?
SATRIA (chewing food). Hmm.. This is actually what I want to be in the future. Eventhough I’m an architect’s student, I really want to be serious in music. What about you?
BUNGA (slurping the ice tea). I love singing. If I meant to be working on that career, why not?
SCENE 3. SATRIA and BUNGA start his career in music . They are supporting each other. It’s hard to make a date like they used to every weekend, but they still try to spend their time together for some times in a month, until SATRIA starts to hard to be contacted. Bunga is watching Tv, she sees a commercial which is promoting an event, and there is writen that SATRIA’s band will be performing. Bunga immediately noted the time and place of that event and comes to that event. SATRIA and his band mates come out up to the stage and says hello to the audience and his band fans. When Satria is busy being interactive to the audience and the fans, SATRIA noticed that there is his girlfriend, BUNGA. Satria is shocked but happy knowing that.
SATRIA (pointing forefinger to BUNGA). It is making me happy that tonight, at this show, I have my girlfriend seeing me and my band playing. I’m feeling so on fire!
BUNGA (smiling).

SCENE 4. After the performance on stage, SATRIA immediately sends a message to BUNGA. He asks if BUNGA can see him at the backstage. Bunga undertake SATRIA’s demand.
BUNGA (holding tears). I really missed you.
SATRIA (putting a hand on BUNGA’s cheek). I missed you too. I’m sorry for not giving you message. Are you healthy?
BUNGA (looking at SATRIA’s eyes). Alhamdulillah, I’m healthy. I have a favor you to do, I promise that it’s not gonna be hard to fulfiled. I hope you can do it for me.
SATRIA (hand still on BUNGA’s cheek). What is it, honey?
BUNGA (begging tone). I want you to always reply messages from me, or at least call me twice a month, or once a month it’s okay. Can you?
SATRIA (in silent for a while). I am sorry. I can’t promise you to fulfil that. This job makes me very busy. I want to be professional in this career. I want to be a successful person. If I’m success, you too will be proud, won’t you? This is not only for me, this is for you.
BUNGA (tears drop). I don’t know that you could be like this, so selfish like right now. I’ve always prayed for you from a distance, but it seems that you can’t see it, and even you never pray for me. You’re way too busy with your ambition to be a famous musician. You don’t even care with me anymore. You’ve never asked me about my career as a singer. You only think about your guitar. I think our relationship can not last. Let’s break up. I don’t know if we can still be friends after this conversation, but I wish you a good luck on everything you’re trying to reach. Thank you for everything, Satria. I loved you.

No comments: